[asterisk-dev] proper way to signal user information layer 1 (ISDN)

Fri Sep 14 08:24:59 CDT 2007

Hi!

In case of digital ISDN calls I want to signal the ISDN user information
layer 1 values between the dialplan (and maybe some apps) and the ISDN
channel driver.

I see two ways of doing this:

1. an ast_variable (a global one with _ prefix so that it gets copied
automatically) which is read/written by the ISDN channel drivers and the
apps.

2. Adding ast_channel.userinformationlayer1. The channel driver and apps
can access the value directly and from dialplan this can be done by
enhancing func_channel.c (http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=10217)

This value exists only in ISDN, thus I'm not sure if a new member to
ast_call is the proper way - but ISDN transfer capability is similar and
this is already added to ast_chan.

thanks
klaus