[asterisk-dev] Found a bug

Rizwan Hisham rizwanhasham at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 04:35:15 CDT 2007

Well my main problem is that sip channels get stuck, "sip show channels"
shows stucck channels in initial invite state while "core show channels"
show nothing related to those channels. Do you see the same? i guess if the
channel is cleared then the call limit will also be updated automatically.

Turning the linksys off may not be the best idea for NAT simulation. Try
unplugging you lan cable from it unplug your telephone cable out from your
main modem just after registering and then try it.

In my case qualify seems to be working fine.

On 9/13/07, Atis <atis at best.eu.org> wrote:

> On 9/13/07, Rizwan Hisham <rizwanhasham at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I have sip users with the following configuration:
> > [abc]
> > username=abc
> > type=friend
> > secret=123
> > qualify=no
> > nat=yes
> > insecure=port,invite
> > call-limit=2
> > host=dynamic
> > dtmfmode=rfc2833
> > context=uscan
> > canreinvite=yes
> >
> > User registers with asterisk without any problem, but whenever there is
> > NAT problem with a user and a call comes for that user, asterisk throws
> an
> > initial invite towards that user but gets no response from him even
> after 5
> > retries. Caller hears nothing.
> >
> > During this process the call limit is updated and increased for the
> callee
> > and a channel is also created. But after the caller hangsup the call,
> call
> > limit is not updated back to zero for callee and 'sip show channels'
> shows
> > the callee's channel stuck in an initial invite state. 'core show
> channels'
> > does not show any active calls or channels.
> >
> > This is a serious problem for me as i have call-limit=2 for every user,
> so
> > if there is NAT problem for any user then after trying to reach him for
> 2
> > times, his call-limit is reached and rest of incoming calls for him go
> > voicemail.And evrytime some tries to call him leaves a stuck channel in
> > initial invite state. Im sure this is a bug as i can repeat it as many
> times
> > as i want. Maybe its fixed in new releases of asterisk but havent tried
> any
> > new release. I am using asterisk 1.4.2.
> >
> > Can somebody help me fix this problem?
> >
> > There is a temporary cure for this problem. if i set qualify=yes, then
> > asterisk keeps checking whether all the users are reachable or not. If
> any
> > user is unreachable then asterisk saves its status UNREACHABLE and
> whenever
> > a calls come in for that user asterisk does not bother to send any sip
> > packets to that user. Ultimately no channel is created for that call so
> no
> > need to increment or decrement cal l limit.
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm not sure is this related or not, but i have few Linksys PAP2
> devices behind NAT, that regularly get disconnected from asterisk.
> Symptoms are the same - after few calls (not necessarily 2, however my
> call-limit is also 2) i hear silence after Dial().
>
> I just tried testing, but doesn't seem that qualify=yes helps in any
> way. Maybe i'm not simulating NAT problem correctly? Or is it bug in
> [...]

Best Regards
Rizwan Hisham
Software Engineer
Axvoice Inc.