[asterisk-dev] RealTime, Qualify=yes, RTCacheFriends=(?)

Nicholas Blasgen nicholas at blasgen.com
Thu Sep 13 23:48:52 CDT 2007

This is giving me a headache.  I've got a nice external IP address Asterisk
box and it's served me very faithfully.  Now I'm starting to let other
"customers" use the machine as well.  I've really enjoyed using RealTime
over the past month or so because it makes it so easy when I want to update
someones password (especially since I like to do this all via the web).
There is a big problem though for my "customers" when they use the system
behind a NAT.  It seems one of their offices has a crappy firewall that
times-out way to early with keeping these ports open.  I've noticed that
since I'm using RealTime, I'm unable to support QUALIFY or other NAT
Keep-Alive methods.  I could turn on RTCacheFriends, and everything would
work.

So here's my question.  If I turn on RTCacheFriends, is there a way to tell
Asterisk to reload the table without a manual step or restarting Asterisk?
What I'm hoping is I can either do it via the Manager Interface (AMI) or
something close to that.

--
/Nick