[asterisk-dev] AST_FRAME_DIGITAL

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Thu Sep 13 17:57:02 CDT 2007

Matthew Fredrickson wrote:

> My T.38 knowledge isn't that great, but if it's a frame-for-frame issue
> that Kevin thought of, it's certainly possible to buffer multiple frames
> (or enough frames) until we have enough to do a chunk of audio.  But
> it's quite possible that Kevin is thinking of something that I am not.

T.38 (AFAIK) is not digitized soft-modem audio, it's actually a slightly
different protocol between the endpoints than the one used between
modems. For example, using modems can involve carrier changes between
pages and other behavior that is unnecessary with T.38.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Director of Software Technologies