[asterisk-dev] AST_FRAME_DIGITAL

Matthew Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Thu Sep 13 17:40:55 CDT 2007

Klaus Darilion wrote:
> Matthew Fredrickson wrote:
>> Russell Bryant wrote:

>>> Faxes are passed into Asterisk using the VOICE frame type, indicating that it is
>>> audio.  In the case of T.38, it uses the AST_FRAME_MODEM type.
>> So perhaps we could use our AST_FRAME_MODEM type for this (I'd prefer if
>> we did this to rename it to something more appropriate, like
>> AST_FRAME_DIGITAL or something like that), and use subclasses for the
>
> So, if I get it right - there is no need to introduce AST_FRAME_DIGITAL
> as it is already there (but named AST_FRAME_MODEM)?

Yes, basically.  Look in include/frame.h in asterisk 1.4 sources.  There
are already subclasses defined for T38 and V150.  I'm thinking that an
extension to this frametype would give us what we want.  Then an
extension to the translator architecture so that we can make translators
for frames other than AST_FRAME_VOICE.

--
Matthew Fredrickson
Software/Firmware Engineer