[asterisk-dev] AGI script fails on IAX channels (from call file).

Jonas Arndt jonas_arndt at comcast.net
Wed Sep 12 11:54:50 CDT 2007

Steve Davies wrote:
> On 9/12/07, Jonas Arndt <jonas_arndt at comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> Hi Guys,
>>
>> Any thoughts around this? Is more information required or am I missing
>> something (note that the original post included the code and traces)?
>> Why would the IAX channel behave differently than a SIP channel? Why
>> wont the IAX channel accept DTMF when instantiated from a call file?
>>
>> I am new to this mailing list. Please let me know if I have stepped out
>> of what is considered a good way of approaching the list.
>>

> The original message would probably have been better posted to asterisk-users.
>
> Regards,
> Steve
>
> PS. I cannot see anything immediate or obviously wrong with what you
> are attempting.

Thanks Steve,

I was debating what list to send this to. As I had done some posting in
some asterisk users forum earlier about this problem and it more and
more looked like a real bug I decided for the developers mailing list.
Also, in the users forum it seems nobody has actually done this or knows
what the problem could be. They suggested to tweak the DTMF settings and
stuff. The thing is that I can actually see the keys being pushed in the
iax trace. Also, there are not many DTMF settings around for a iax channel.

Do you suggest I drop this in this mailing list and post it to the
asterisk-users one? I have started reading the code and I am trying to
understand where it all fits together. I am confused as why the AGI part
doesn't see the DTMF events that are clearly there in the iax trace.

Thanks for you feedback,

// Jonas