[asterisk-dev] App Dial with option r or m being able to send early media

Gaspar Zoltan gasparz at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 08:16:07 CDT 2007

Hi,

I was asked to develop a feature thar switches between the ringing tone and
early media. So when you dial asterisk starts generating ringing tone, but
when the called channels starts sendig RTP (like mobile carriers: "The
person you are trying to reach is unavailable") with or without answering
the channel, the asterisk would have to end generating the ringing tone and
send the media it receives.

The fix of this issue is simple:
On line 659 of app_dial (1.4.11) we have
if (!ast_test_flag(outgoing, OPT_RINGBACK | OPT_MUSICBACK))

if we remove this if or conditionate it with a channel variable it will have
the functionality mentioned above.

I suggest to create a variable called DIALEARLYMEDIA This would default to
false (current functionality). If you set this to True the channel will have
the new improved functionality.

What do you think?

Zoltan Gaspar