[asterisk-dev] Asterisk slowdown debugging

Atis atis at BEST.eu.org
Wed Sep 12 04:29:16 CDT 2007

Hello,

We are having really noticeable slowdowns for asterisk. It takes
half-minute for call of local origin to reach Dial() statement -
normally in our dialplan it takes about second. Call load is not high
at this time - 14 active calls. This all started when we upgraded to
1.4 branch - now it had happened two days (two or three times per day)

I wanted to ask for some help in debugging this. I have enabled
DONT_OPTIMIZE and DEBUG_THREADS on production server, but it probably
doesn't help much, as there is no core.

I'm thinking about sending signal 5 (breakpoint) to asterisk next time
when it will happen, as it causes coredump to be created.

Also, i changed macro DO_CRASH to

#define CRASH \
ast_log(LOG_ERROR, "DO CRASH !!!\n"); \
do { sleep(1); } while(0)

So, anything else, i could do when next time comes?

Regards,
Atis

--
Atis Lezdins,