[asterisk-dev] Flash IDE

Juan Sandro juan.sandro at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 11 03:45:06 CDT 2007

Hi

We have a number offices accommodating 4-6 people each hence it is very
important for PBX to be fanless and silent. We have been looking at using
IDE flash disks also called DOM. The performance tests we have done so far
satisfy our requirements, however we are concerned with DOM durability.

We have installed debian and vanilla asterisk on 1GB DOM. All seems to work
fine at the moment however will DOM last? How long it will last? Is anyone
able to share similar experience? Any other information/tips?

Regards,

Juan