[asterisk-dev] Asterisk Manager Interface, Event: NewCallerid not raised at times

Nicholas Blasgen nicholas at blasgen.com
Mon Sep 10 18:59:29 CDT 2007

I would advise against some of those though.  Asterisk has a habbit of
creating Zombie and Masq channels all the time.  It becomes hard to figure
out which ones are which.  I've had enough problems trying to match the
Channel information from NewCallerID with the channel name from LINK as a
channel gets bridged.  For me NEWSTATE ends up providing me too much
information and it's hard for me to parse.  LINK does great for my needs.

I still get the impression though that the Manager interface isn't needed in
your case if the NewCallerID is the only state information you need.  But
just checking the LINK event infromation, it does include CID information
and from there you can load the data on your GUI.  Clean package.

Finally, what I did during the development of my application was to dump all
EVENT logs to disk and then go through them to figure out what events I
needed to act on.  Someone should make a nice CLI based application to view
all events flowing through as a list, but be able to select them to see the
RAW data.  And some filtering.