[asterisk-dev] AST_FRAME_DIGITAL

Olle E Johansson olle at voop.com
Mon Sep 10 02:06:12 CDT 2007

9 sep 2007 kl. 18.15 skrev Russell Bryant:

> Sergio Garcia Murillo wrote:
>> Let me try to explain myself again, because it seems that you have
>> not
>> undestood
>> the issue yet.
>> The data is NOT video, is h223 data, which is a multiplexed stream
>> that
>> carries
>> simultaniously audio,video and h245 control data. Once it's
>> processed by the
>> application then you can extract video frames and audio frames
>> which can be
>> correctly handled by asterisk.
>> So if you don't want to create an opaque data type, then it will
>> be great if
>> you
>> create it's correct type that would be AST_FRAME_DIGITAL and it's
>> correct
>> format AST_FORMAT_H223.
>> Also if you want you could also include other digital formats, as for
>> example
>> AST_FORMAT_H320 (for isdn conferencing) that would be great.
>
> I would prefer that this stream be decoded inside of the channel
> driver.  Then,
> the audio and video should be sent into the core as AST_FRAME_VOICE
> and
> AST_FRAME_VIDEO.  The control data should also be handled inside of
> the channel
> driver, with some of the information passed into Asterisk using
> AST_FRAME_CONTROL as appropriate.  This is how every channel driver
> works.

Yes, that has been my recommendation to Sergio and Ramtin, who both
work with this topic in two different ways. Sergio in application space
and Ramtin in the channel driver.

Adding channel logic in applications is not following Asterisk
architecture.
We need to solve this either in chan_zap or libpri or both.

/O

---
Olle E. Johansson * Asterisk Evangelist, developer * VOOP A/S
olle at voop.com