[asterisk-dev] Update: Cross-compiling woes under openWRT

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Fri Sep 7 21:53:34 CDT 2007

Kristian Kielhofner wrote:

>   OpenWRT uses uclibc, no?  In my builds with uclibc I set
> DO_C99_MATH=y in .config before I build uclibc.  According to the help
> on this topic, it adds about 35K to builds on x86.  I don't know about
> mips/mipsel/arm/ppc/etc.  Asterisk 1.4.11 compiles (and works, so far)
> just perfectly with AstLinux trunk using uClibc 0.9.28 with
> DO_C99_MATH=y.
>
>   You should be able to tweak the uclibc config for OpenWRT to include
> C99.  Let us know how much bigger it makes your libs (and if it works
> or not)!

There is such a configure option in the openWRT build configuration
setup, and I have it enabled.

However, those functions (round and trunc) are still not there in the
library.  I am working to determine whether there is something wrong
with the build system, or a misunderstanding on my part as to
specifically how to enable those functions and get them to build.  And
yes, uClibc 0.9.28 is the version in use, specifically 0.9.28.2.

I'm on the uClibc mailing list, and there has been some mighty
interesting traffic of late relating to the degree to which that
tree--supposedly the official one--is being maintained.

I'll keep everyone posted.

Thx.

b.