[asterisk-dev] automerge update

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Wed Sep 5 15:09:14 CDT 2007

Greetings,

There have been cases in the past where people wanted to create branches off of
branches.  This is especially needed for the asterisk-gui repository.  However,
if you did, this, you couldn't use automerge.  Brandon Kruse and I just made a
small change so that you can now use automerge in this situation.

After creating your branch, set the "automerge-propname" property so that
automerge knows what special svnmerge property you are using to track changes.
This is needed because in the case of branches of branches, it's likely that you
can't use "svnmerge-integrated", or else there will be conflicts.

$ cd mycoolbranch
$ svnmerge init -P custom-svnmerge-integrated
$ svn ps automerge '*' .
$ svn ps automerge-email 'russell at digium.com' .
$ svn ps automerge-propname 'custom-svnmerge-integrated' .
$ svn commit -m "set up automerge for my branch off of another branch"

--
Russell Bryant
Software Engineer