[asterisk-dev] [asterisk-commits] russell: branch russell/chan_console r81482 - /team/russell/chan_console/chan...

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Wed Sep 5 10:57:28 CDT 2007

Luigi Rizzo wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 05, 2007 at 03:44:32AM -0000, SVN commits to the Asterisk project wrote:
>> Author: russell
>> Date: Tue Sep  4 22:44:31 2007
>> New Revision: 81482

>> Log:
>> i am ok without the boost setting, you can use file\'s func_volume for that
>
> can you give me an example ? The motivation for boost is that on some
> soundcards the driver does not see the '20dB boost' control on the mic
> line, so you have to shout to generate a decent amplitude for the
> compression code. As such, i preferred a control that goes into
> the console.conf instead of elsewhere (dialplan ?)

Correct, it would have to be in the dialplan.  But, I can see your point that in
this case, it's convenient to list the gain in the configuration file when you
know that you will always need it for a certain sound device.  I'll add that
back in the TODO for bringing it over.

--
Russell Bryant
Software Engineer