[asterisk-dev] Update: Cross-compiling woes under openWRT

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Mon Sep 3 20:48:46 CDT 2007

Russell Bryant wrote:
> Brian Capouch wrote:
>
>>I wish I could fix this stuff up on my own, but I can't.  I hope
>>reporting it is of some use anyways.
>

> Reporting it is certainly helpful.  However, some of the errors you have
> reported don't have obvious fixed.
>
> Perhaps what would be even more helpful is if you would document how one of us
> could set up this build environment so that others can set it up to try to
> resolve the issues.  Also, if it is easy to set up, we could work it into our
> automated build environment.

There isn't a whole lot to it; I'm using the standard openWRT SVN-trunk
build setup.  I'm glad to share the package Makefile with you that
builds Asterisk.  It goes in a standard openWRT package definition
directory, and you're off to the races. . .

That mutex thing in astobj2.c has me mystified.  The error is thrown by
the inclusion of stdio.h which in turn is included in utils.h.

When the stdio.h include is there, the build bombs with the
use_ast_mutex_t_instead_of_pthread_mutex_t error.  Take out that
include, and the error goes away.  The part that causes the bomb is this:

#ifdef __UCLIBC_HAS_THREADS__
         int __user_locking;
         __UCLIBC_MUTEX(__lock);
#endif

Most of the other stuff is simpler for me; just missing functions in the
math library that somebody is going to have to code up by hand.  The
COPTS thing is just a warning, so that doesn't worry me too much either.

Of course, it crashes now instantly (the last revision I built that
works is r76231), so the builds are mostly an exercise in "Let's see if
things are going to work now."

Is there any way to see all the changes to trunk in chronlogical order,
like https://dev.openwrt.org/log/trunk/?mode=follow_copy?

Thanks.

b.

believed to be clean.