[asterisk-dev] sip.conf realtime - potential logic flaw ?

Atis Lezdins atis at iq-labs.net
Tue Oct 30 16:54:26 CDT 2007

Philipp Kempgen wrote:
> I'd prefer the port column (and others) to be numeric (no quotes).
> Numeric columns use less space on the disk and less space in memory.
> The indexes are smaller and comparing numeric values is faster than
> comparing strings. I know that you can simply make the port column
> numeric (unsigned smallint or something) and let MySQL tolerate that
> the query uses quotes. But then there's a little extra work for MySQL
> to convert the value back to an integer.

Port column should be numeric in DB.. mysql would just do some small
overhead on it, converting string compared to integer.. This is the
problem of realtime engine - that you pass multiple vars (AST_VAR_LIST
if i'm not mistaken), in arguments and there's no way to pass integer
value - unless some more advanced structures are used.. I'm curios - is
something like this planned? I would like also to use some simple SQL
functions there :)

Regards,
Atis