[asterisk-dev] Looking for consultant to help with Realtime Extensions & Queues

Steve Totaro stotaro at first-notification.com
Thu Oct 25 19:16:01 CDT 2007

Patrick,

What is really to be gained by realtime?  Do you not have a fixed set of
extensions?  I was thinking about it and the PBX functionality should be
broken out of the Queue box into it's own machine.  The PBX has a simple
GUI for adding extensions and changing or adding names.

I posted a question to the list and expect at least one good response
plus my pool of resources should be able to get it working (if it works).

But the bottom line question is, do we really need it and what for?

Another personal thing is that when I am troubleshooting, I have a very
structured approach.  There are tons of sites and posts about features
in Asterisk.  Most is misinformation or non best practices.

For me to work best, give me a task (such as get realtime working) and
then leave me to the task.  I will come back with one of two things, yes
it is done, or no it is not possible.  Looking at every half ass post on
the net about an opensource project and discussing it is going to take
more time than my method.

We spent a day on it and will probably have a solution by the time I see
you tomorrow.  Please let me handle it.

Thanks,
Steve