[asterisk-dev] another odbc voicemail performance issue

Philipp Kempgen philipp.kempgen at amooma.de
Thu Oct 25 15:14:06 CDT 2007

Ryan Mitchell wrote:
> With thousands of SIP clients each with a mailbox, voicemail code is doing a
> ridiculous quatity of "SELECT COUNT(*) FROM %s WHERE dir=?" to support MWI
> on each box.
>
> Not ridiculous in that voicemail needs to know how many messages each box
> has, but just to point out that this can big a bottleneck with a large
> number of subscribers.  I don't see an easy fix.

Indexes on the table.
The database keeps track of various key distribution
figures etc.

Regards,
  Philipp Kempgen

--
amooma GmbH - Bachstr. 126 - 56566 Neuwied - http://www.amooma.de
    Let's use IT to solve problems and not to create new ones.

Geschäftsführer: Stefan Wintermeyer
Handelsregister: Neuwied B 14998