[asterisk-dev] RFT: Expanded DNS SRV handling in Asterisk 1.4

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Thu Oct 25 14:32:22 CDT 2007

Jay R. Ashworth wrote:

> Semantics: an MX record with the lowest *number* has the highest
> *priority*; I assume that's what you're modeling on?

Yes, that is what RFC for SRV records defines as 'priority', which was
copied from MX records I'm sure. My choice of wording was not optimal; I
should have said highest priority, assuming that users who are aware of
how SRV records work would know that means 'lowest number' :-)

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Director of Software Technologies