[asterisk-dev] AgentCallBackLogin (was Re: Asterisk AGI 2.0 - with doc)

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Wed Oct 24 16:14:23 CDT 2007

In article <200710241200.38565.tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com>,
Tilghman Lesher <tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com> wrote:

> It is the reason why we have gotten so much protest over the planned removal
> of AgentCallBackLogin.  While you can emulate much of the logic in AGI or the
> dialplan, it is complicated to the point that many people would prefer not to
> have to deal with.

Has this protest resulted in the plan being reconsidered?

I remember one of the motivations given for its deprecation was that
locking was very complicated and it was hard to get rid of all the
possible deadlocks. Would this situation be improved by the new astobj2
and reference counting that is now in 1.4 and trunk? To the point where
AgentCallBackLogin was considered worth retaining after all?

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield