[asterisk-dev] Patch CLI app_meetme.c - meetme concise

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Wed Oct 24 07:54:36 CDT 2007

On Wednesday 24 October 2007 07:09:10 Sean Bright wrote:
> On 10/24/07, Julien Thomas <omk8421 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am not familiar with SVN and I have never contributed in a big
> > project. Anyway, I have just added a "concise" option to the "meetme"
> > command of app_meetme in order to parse results obtained through the
> > manager in an easier way.
> >
> > Here is the attached patch, based of the last SVN version. There is
> > support for the tab completion, and the concise option use "!" to
> > separate each field of the list (e.g. just like "meetme list 110001
> > concise" would do).
>
> The Asterisk developers need to ensure that your code submissions are
> properly disclaimed before reviewing them.  You will want to submit your
> patch to Mantis (http://bugs.digium.com/) but you will first want to review
> the submission guidelines at:
>
>     http://asterisk.org/developers/bug-guidelines
>
> This covers everything you need to know about submitting code to the
> Asterisk project.

Also, I really don't like concise commands created for the CLI.  If you want
output to be machine parseable, you shouldn't be making a CLI command
at all -- make a native Manager command, instead.  This will additionally
help administrators to segregate privileges on AMI to do only what each user
really needs to do.

--
Tilghman