[asterisk-dev] Asterisk 1.6 Release Management Proposal

Rod Dorman rodd at polylogics.com
Wed Oct 17 16:43:54 CDT 2007

On Wednesday, October 17, 2007, 13:53:00, Russell Bryant wrote:
> In short, as long as there are no significant disagreements, I plan to create an
> Asterisk 1.6.0-beta1 snapshot next week.  I will continue to make beta tarballs
> until we are comfortable moving to release candidate status.  I will then create
> an Asterisk 1.6.0 branch and start making release candidate snapshots, named
> 1.6.0-rc1, etc.  After a reasonable amount of testing and no known regressions
> introduced by the new changes in 1.6, I will release 1.6.0.  The 1.6 release
> series will continue to be managed in the manner described in the included
> document.

Why are odd numbered releases (e.g. 1.5.0) being skipped?

With suffixes like "-beta1" and "-rc1" it doesn't seem to be needed to
denote any kind of 'testing' release.

--
rodd at polylogics.com     "The avalanche has already started, it is too
Rod Dorman              late for the pebbles to vote." - Ambassador Kosh