[asterisk-dev] [svn-commits] tilghman: trunk r86065-/trunk/apps/app_meetme.c

Dan Austin Dan_Austin at Phoenix.com
Wed Oct 17 15:32:02 CDT 2007

Tilghman wrote:
>> I can provide a patch to CHANGES if a Mantis admin will re-open
>> 9609.

> Reopened.

Thanks.  I've uploaded a small patch to CHANGES.  In keeping
with the existing notes, the new entry is only a brief summary.
I can make it more verbose if needed.

If I may, I'd like to get some feedback about the pros/cons
of part of the original patch that included the ability to
configure the column names.  I understand the response in
9609 with regards to Asterisk 'owning' the table and that
the column names in the database should match the hard-coded
values in app_meetme.  The issue is that this patch/feature
allows app_meetme to directly support the scheduling
provided by the Web-MeetMe suite.

As I mentioned in on Mantis, I can write an upgrade script to
be included in the next release of Web-MeetMe to rename the
columns in existing installations.  That would mean a hot-cut
for upgrades from the existing Web-MeetMe installs to the
new version.  I suspect that many of the existing setups
are using a version of MySQL that does not support views, so
renaming the columns and breaking backwards compatibility is
the only option unless we can include the ability to configure
the column names in app_meetme.

The code to make the column names configurable is trivial, and
defaults to setting the column names to the current hard-coded
values.

I like the flexibility that the configurable column names
offer, but I can and will live with a 'Tough luck, hard-coded
values are the way to go here...'

Thanks,
Dan