[asterisk-dev] Asterisk Library (.so) Files

Lee Jenkins lee at datatrakpos.com
Fri Oct 12 14:23:40 CDT 2007

I'm a bit new to linux and Asterisk, been using both for about a year
now.  I have written a few AGI applications using Lazarus/Freepascal
which is nice for me because they are natively compiled executables and
I am already proficient in ObjectPascal.

I'm wondering if I could create an .so module and then be able to call
its function/s directly from Asterisk and register it as an application
instead of using AGI calls?

I've written many DLL's for Windows (in Delphi), but no .so libraries
for linux as of yet, but I would assume that this would work as long as
the .so library was using correct calling convention such as cdecl???

Thanks for any input.

---
Warm Regards,

Lee