[asterisk-dev] IAX still broken

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Thu Oct 11 12:27:09 CDT 2007

Steve Kann wrote:
> The other output shows the same deadlock avoidance pattern in thread 73,
> Thread 56 (and, they seem to be different calls..).

Ah, good catch!  That would explain the 100% CPU load, then, if it gets stuck in
this deadlock avoidance loop for forever.

Tilghman improved the "core show locks" functionality for 1.4.13 to be able to
show threads that are stuck in a trylock loop like this.  So, hopefully if
someone can grab that output with 1.4.13, we can see a thread stuck in a trylock
loop like this, as well as what other thread is holding on to the lock.

--
Russell Bryant
Senior Software Engineer