[asterisk-dev] RPM Patches

Jason Parker jparker at digium.com
Wed Oct 10 20:40:12 CDT 2007

Daniel Hazelbaker wrote:
> [...] I noticed on mantis that new features should not
> be posted to the bug reporter. [...]
Let me clarify that policy a little bit.  It's a fairly common
misconception.

It isn't that new features shouldn't be posted there - it's feature
*requests* - without patches, that we don't really like to see there.

If you have a patch for this (and it seems like you already do), we
would strongly encourage you to post your feature there.  A great deal
of the code for Asterisk comes from community developers, and all new
features actually *must* go through the bug tracker.