[asterisk-dev] IAX2 and jitterbuffer problems

Pavel Jezek pavel.jezek at i.cz
Wed Oct 10 15:01:58 CDT 2007

Mihai Balea wrote:

> On Oct 10, 2007, at 12:47 PM, Pavel Jezek wrote:
>
>> generaly jitterbuffer in asterisk have some design problems, eg:
>> - not working when bridge two channles with different jb implementation
>> - eg. sip/h323/skinny & iax
>> - jb is applied in incomming direction, but on _outgoing_ channel! :-\
>> both make jb useless in many situations :-(
>> PJ
>>

> Could you please provide more details? What exactly happens when
> bridging two different channels? Why would applying jb on incoming
> traffic on an outgoing channel be a bad idea? Not working is a bit too
> generic ... :)

when connecting together eg. two sip channels (and have jbforce=yes,
jblog=yes), you can see that jb is created (console log),
when I have sip connected together with iax, I never see "jb created"
messages, so I think, it actually not working in case of bridging
channels with generic jb (sip, h323, skinny) and iax jb
PJ