[asterisk-dev] IAX2 and jitterbuffer problems

Mihai Balea mihai at hates.ms
Wed Oct 10 11:10:23 CDT 2007

Hello all,

I have noticed that there have been some discussions recently about
problems with IAX2 and jitterbuffer.
We are heavily using these components in our production systems, but
so far we have not noticed any issues with the latest versions of
Asterisk.
However, if people have hit problems, then we would be definitely
interested in hearing about them and maybe helping solve them.

So I would like to ask anybody who experienced such problems to
please speak up and provide as many details as you can.  I would be
especially interested in ways to reproduce the issues.  We have a
tool that can be used to stress test chan_iax and, by extension,
anything in Asterisk. We could probably use it to hit bugs that show
up only under high load.

Cheers,
Mihai