[asterisk-dev] Asterisk 1.4.12 __ast_pthread_mutex_lock Deadlock

Hendrik Visage hvjunk at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 03:24:48 CDT 2007

On 10/5/07, Russell Bryant <russell at digium.com> wrote:

> However, do compile with DEBUG_THREADS enabled.  When the deadlock occurs, save
> the output of the "core show locks" CLI command.  That will show where the
> deadlock has occurred.
>
> $ sudo asterisk -rx "core show locks" > show_locks.txt

Thanx, will try.

The problem I'm experiencing, however, is that it goes into what looks
like spinlock states
on the mutexes (something like all the threads on the mutex(es) etc.
wake up all at once, then spins on the locks after some thread grabbed
the lock) This then grabs both CPUs by asterisk, and the system is
unresponsive, and usually by the time I can execute a command like
that, the system have already recovered :(

--
Hendrik Visage