[asterisk-dev] IAX still broken

Anton anton.vazir at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 00:41:13 CDT 2007

Just want to notice that IAX2 proto is still broken, I've
tried asterisk 1.4.11 in production environment with IAX2
instead SIP. After a few days of operation IAX2 becomes
one-way audio until asterisk is restarted. But again - for
a few more days and ~1000 calls. BTW the same behavior was
even in early 1.4-trunk, even before it was released. And
still. I've just reverted links to be SIP again. 1.2 does
not have this problem with IAX - I was using it quite long
before switching to 1.4 with no problem. While writing this
I've found that my other 1.4.12 IAX2 connected gateway
stopped properly ORIGINATING IAX2 calls at all - to another
gateway to PRI links, which IS 1.2.14 - After Asterisk
1.4.12 reload - It started working back again, so the
problem not in 1.2.14.

BTW: The scheme is *VOIP<-SIP>Asterisk<- IAX2 >Asterisk SS7
I'm using SS7 on my PSTN gateways, but I doubt that
chan_ss7 anyhow influences on this, since SIP does not
starting behaving one-way audio.