[asterisk-dev] any experience building asterisk under windows ?

Steve Murphy murf at digium.com
Thu Oct 4 10:39:35 CDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-10-03 at 22:52 -0700, Luigi Rizzo wrote:
> as in the subject... is there any experience in building asterisk,
> even in some reduced configuration, under Windows ?
>
> My interest is mostly on the usage as a video softphone, using
> the console_video support i am working on in the video_v2 branch.
>
> I couldn't find a decent video client under windows: of the three (to
> my knowledge - more pointers welcome) freely available clients,
> x-lite crashes continuously when receiving video, and is
> crippled in various ways (thumbnail-size images, limited choice
> of video codecs, only one sip account supported...);
> linphone and ekiga are based on old versions of their main code and
> are equally unstable.

Luigi--

I've got the Eyebeam softphone (the paid-for x-lite) and it seems to
interface with my webcam; never actually had a chance to test it out
with anyone else, tho.
It shows me in my messy office, maybe I'll someday find someone to talk
to with similar capabilities.

It lists video codecs as H.263, H.263+(1998),  H.264(low end),  H.264(hi
end)

murf

--
Steve Murphy