[asterisk-dev] any experience building asterisk under windows ?

Gregory Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Thu Oct 4 08:28:42 CDT 2007

>> On Thursday 04 October 2007 01:52:39 Luigi Rizzo wrote:
>>> as in the subject... is there any experience in building asterisk,
>>> even in some reduced configuration, under Windows ?
>>
>> At Astricon, the .NET guy (sorry I don't remember his name) mentioned
>> that it built correctly under Cygwin. Of course you won't have access
>> OS-dependent stuff like drivers, but you'll still have the SIP and IAX
>> goodness. Perhaps a bit (or a lot) slower, but shouldn't be a problem
>> for one softphone.
>
> I think that's the one with coLinux

AstWind was built using Co-Linux, which runs a Linux kernel cooperatively w/
Windows. Therefore, the Asterisk instance that is running under it is
actually compiled natively for Linux.

Astwin32 was built natively for Windows, but last time I looked it wasn't
really keeping up w/ current code releases, and was so heavily modified that
it would be hard to maintain.

Somewhere along the line, a patchset was committed that allowed Asterisk to
build under Cygwin, but I'm not sure what the status is of that.