[asterisk-dev] CLI verbosity on -rx

Atis Lezdins atis at iq-labs.net
Wed Oct 3 14:17:48 CDT 2007

On Wednesday 03 October 2007 21:56:27 Michiel van Baak wrote:
> On 21:07, Wed 03 Oct 07, Atis Lezdins wrote:
> <snip />
>
> > I clearly understand that it's that way. However my question is about
> > usability - if i do `asterisk -rx "show anything"` - i would really want
> > only that output, and wouldn't want asterisk to transfer anything else
> > trough remote socket. What i'm asking is about changing current
> > behaviour. Thinking more ahead - it could be that every remote console
> > have separate verbosity level, and get's only log messages for that
> > level.
> >
> > If those changes are significant, it would be fine if this could be
> > temporarily fixed by sending some flag to main thread, indicating that
> > this command needs only result ("-rx" used).
>
> Maybe it's best to use the AMI for this kind of stuff.
> There you dont have to worry about the CLI verbosity
> setting.

I could, but that's quite an overhead for in-script usage. Of course, your
time is valuable too - and probably it's best to spend it on more important
issues. I'm just trying to report really unexpected and ugly behaviour.

My current problem is - that i really can't use CLI commands to monitor
asterisk availability. Recently i had issue with heavy load, that everything
slows down to a few dialplan commands per second. I really haven't tested
that, but i think that executing manager command in this situation would lead
to large delays or some socket timeout. CLI responsivness was good in this
case, however i did get a really huge amount of "Executing..." stuff for long
period of time, and that rendered my scripts useless..

Regards,
Atis

--
Atis Lezdins