[asterisk-dev] CLI verbosity on -rx

Atis Lezdins atis at iq-labs.net
Wed Oct 3 13:07:49 CDT 2007

On Wednesday 03 October 2007 20:45:09 Jason Parker wrote:
> Atis Lezdins wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Guys, could you please take a look at
> > http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=10847
> >
> > The problem is that i expect `asterisk -rx "show queues"` to return only
> > result of "show queues", as it would be in CLI with verbosity/debug 0.
> > However, sometimes i get full CLI output for quite long period of time.
> > Qwell insists that this is intended behaviour, but i don't agree.
> >
> > Is there any significant problem when executing remote command with
> > separate verbosity than main thread?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Atis
>
> The problem here is actually the lack of v's on the remote console
> instance. The way it works now (and this is by design), is that any
> connecting consoles will use the verbosity from the main process.  If you
> specify any amount of v's and it is *higher* than the main process, it will
> raise it.  Note that this change would affect *every* console, current and
> future.
>
> We do not lower/disable verbosity (or debug) on new remote consoles.

I clearly understand that it's that way. However my question is about
usability - if i do `asterisk -rx "show anything"` - i would really want only
that output, and wouldn't want asterisk to transfer anything else trough
remote socket. What i'm asking is about changing current behaviour. Thinking
more ahead - it could be that every remote console have separate verbosity
level, and get's only log messages for that level.

If those changes are significant, it would be fine if this could be
temporarily fixed by sending some flag to main thread, indicating that this
command needs only result ("-rx" used).

Regards,
Atis

--