[asterisk-dev] watch out usages of AST_LIST_INSERT_TAIL

Luigi Rizzo rizzo at icir.org
Mon Oct 1 17:35:33 CDT 2007

On Mon, Oct 01, 2007 at 03:08:31PM -0500, Jason Parker wrote:
> Tony Mountifield wrote:
> > You mean like AST_LIST_APPEND_LIST in linkedlists.h?
> >
> > (added via bug 7802 in August 2006)
> >
> > Cheers
> > Tony
>
> \brief Appends a whole list to the tail of a list.
>
> Yes, exactly like that. :)

wait that's a totally different thing.

What i am talking about is the fact that we might have a chain of
ast_frames (not a list, with head and tail pointers) passed as
argument to AST_LIST_INSERT_TAIL, and this is something that
neither the current AST_LIST_INSERT_TAIL (which assumes a single item
with NULL in the 'next' field, nor AST_LIST_APPEND_LIST
can handle.

cheers
luigi