[asterisk-dev] How do you test when you develop dialplan applications?

Atis Lezdins atis at iq-labs.net
Mon Oct 1 05:03:46 CDT 2007

On Monday 01 October 2007 12:45:11 Andreas Sikkema wrote:
> When I was at Philips we thought hard about it, but
> we couldn't find a scenario that needed more than 3
> phones to test.
>
> Apart from loadtesting, that would need lots and
> lots and lots more.

Well, they are not for load-testing, but for some meetme tests, transfers,
etc.. anyway it's better if you have distinct role for each phone, and you do
only certain operation with it in scenario. And having asterisk reveals new
possibilities for "phones". I have separate phone that arrives to "external"
context - so the call is handled the same way would my incoming Zap calls.
Cheap and simple testing.

Regards,
Atis

--