[asterisk-dev] POSIX timezone handling

Henning Holtschneider henning at loca.net
Mon Oct 1 02:26:25 CDT 2007

Hi,

I've got a system which only provides POSIX-style timezone information
through /etc/TZ and the TZ environment variable. Unfortunately,
Asterisk doesn't seem to care about the timezone and defaults to GMT.

Looking at main/stdtime/localtime.c, Asterisk seems to be able to
handle POSIX-style timezones, but I always end up with the string
"/etc/localtime" being parsed for timezone information. Is the code
(i.e. tzparse() ) supposed to work? If it does, how to I get Asterisk
to honor my POSIX-style timezone information?

Best regards,
Henning Holtschneider
--
LocaNet oHG - http://www.loca.net
Lindemannstrasse 81, D-44137 Dortmund
sip 25 at voip.loca.net

Registergericht Amtsgericht Dortmund HRA 14208
Geschäftsführer Sven Haufe, Henning Holtschneider