[asterisk-dev] Deprecate every '* reload' CLI command?

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Wed Nov 28 20:50:48 CST 2007

On Thu, 29 Nov 2007, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 28, 2007 at 07:59:14AM -0800, Steve Edwards wrote:
>
> > So let's start with:
> >
> >  	reload
> >  		application
> >  		configuration
> >  		function
> >  		module
> >  				application-name
> >  				configuration-file-name
> >  				function-name
> >  				module-file-name
> >  				module-name
> >
> > Here's a few examples:
>
> And what I understand of their intended meaning:
>
> >  	reload configuration sip
>
> 'sip reload'. The usual of today.

Yes.

> >  	reload configuration sip.conf
>
> 'sip reload' , however, reload data *just* from sip.conf and ignore(?)
> changes in users.conf

Remember, I'm a 1.2 guy -- what's a users.conf? If they are "separable" I
guess it makes sense to have both "reload configuration sip.conf" and
"reload configuration users.conf."

> >  	reload module chan_sip.so
>
> Unload module chan_sip and re-load it. Only possible if there are no
> running SIP calls (Right?)

Yes.

> >  	reload module sip
>
> Not sute if the first or the third.

"Module" means you are reloading code, not a configuration file. I read this
as "reload the module containing the
[function|feature|channel|application|resource] sip."

> >  	reload application voicemail
> >  	reload application voicemailmain
> >  	reload application app_voicemail.so
> >  	reload configuration voicemail
> >  	reload configuration voicemailmain
> >  	reload configuration voicemail.conf
>
> With all the above I'm quite lost.

) Reload the module containing the application voicemail.
) Reload the module containing the application voicemailmain.
) Reload the module named app_voicemail.so
) Reload the configuration file the application voicemail registered when it
was loaded.
) Reload the configuration file the application voicemailmain registered
when it was loaded.
) Reload the configuration file named voicemail.conf.

Thanks in advance,