[asterisk-dev] Deprecate every '* reload' CLI command?

Kaloyan Kovachev kkovachev at varna.net
Tue Nov 27 10:46:18 CST 2007

On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 10:24:34 -0600, Russell Bryant wrote

> They better not do anything different.  :)  If they do, I would definitely
> consider it a bug.  That would be frustratingly inconsistent.

>  This syntax was always confusing to me when I started
> with Asterisk, because I thought it was equivalent to "module unload /
module load".

 shouldn't it do exactly this? For example with 'misdn reload' i'd expect to
'just' reread the config, but with 'module reload chan_misdn.so' it may need
to also re-init the ports which may drop current calls, so it is possible that
they may need to do something different without this being a bug.

disclaimer: haven't looked in the code if it does