[asterisk-dev] [asterisk-commits] russell: trunk r89615 - in /trunk: configure configure.ac

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Mon Nov 26 17:15:40 CST 2007

Luigi Rizzo wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 26, 2007 at 10:52:37PM -0000, SVN commits to the Asterisk project wrote:
>> Author: russell
>> Date: Mon Nov 26 16:52:36 2007
>> New Revision: 89615

>> Log:
>> Update the configure script check for libpri to check for the newest function
>> that was just added.
>>
>> Cresl1n, please keep this in mind when making these changes to libpri or libss7.
>
> in the interest of portability, would it be useful to use the 'version'
> argument of AST_EXT_LIB_CHECK() to differentiate among libpri versions ?
> The macro stops at the first match so we could have something like this
> (assuming versions are dates)
>
> AST_EXT_LIB_CHECK([PRI], [pri], [pri_new_bri], [libpri.h],,,[20071125])
> AST_EXT_LIB_CHECK([PRI], [pri], [pri_keypad_facility], [libpri.h],,,[20071010])
> AST_EXT_LIB_CHECK([PRI], [pri], [pri_somethingelse], [libpri.h],,,[20010203])
>
> and the code could check HAVE_PRI_VERSION values to decide what to do with it.

Absolutely.  I would love to see that get used.  However, I am just making these
quick little changes to make sure the code compiles.  I would really like to see
Matt F., who makes most/all of the API changes to libpri and libss7, to start
using this method as he makes API updates.

Matt, come talk to me sometime about this and I can show you how it works.  :)

--
Russell Bryant
Senior Software Engineer