[asterisk-dev] Asterisk Performance as a B2BUA

Vadim Lebedev vadim at mbdsys.com
Fri Nov 23 04:28:50 CST 2007

Simon Perreault wrote:
> On Thursday 22 November 2007 13:30:58 Vadim Lebedev wrote:
>
>> the actuall SIP processing could be stalled during
>> i/o waits in activities
>> like logging or DB access.
>>

> If I/O is blocking, then adding threads is not the solution.
>
> Making it non-blocking (e.g. with aio), that is the solution.

I believe that it amounts to the same....
When you use aio you simply using kernel-provided threads instead of you
own threads.
If course aio risk to be a little more efficient, but it will be much
more complicated to code..

It just occured to me, that it  could be very interesting to monitor
amount of data is stored in the
socket input buffer.

Any idea how to do it?

Vadim