[asterisk-dev] [asterisk-commits] rizzo: trunk r89452 -?in?/trunk: acinclude.m4 configure configure.ac

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Thu Nov 22 18:50:52 CST 2007

On 11/21/07, Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 20, 2007 at 11:56:16PM -0600, Jeffrey Ollie wrote:
> > On 11/20/07, Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Anybody tried to work with git-svn with the Asterisk repository?
> >
> > Yeah, it works pretty well... I use it to maintain the various patches
> > that I apply to my Fedora packages.  You can use something like:
> >
> > mkdir asterisk.git
> > cd asterisk.git
> > git svn init -T trunk -b branches -t tags http://svn.digium.com/svn/asterisk
> > git svn fetch
> >
> > to set up your own git clone of the Asterisk sources.  Be prepared,
> > however - the first "git svn fetch" will take a long time to fetch
> > everything it needs. However, after the first one, subsequent "get svn
> > fetch"es only download new revisions.
>
> Thanks.
>
> How does it deal with svn:externals? What version of git do you use?

It doesn't. I either generate a patch from my git repository and apply
the patch to a tarball (as a part of the RPM build process) or I
manually use svn to checkout a copy of the menuselect code if I'm
doing more involved development.

I'm not in front of my development systems but I use whatever is the
latest git package available for Fedora 7 and 8, which I think is
1.5.3.4.

Jeff