[asterisk-dev] Commit 89492

Dan Austin Dan_Austin at Phoenix.com
Wed Nov 21 16:30:00 CST 2007

I was working on adding support for call parking to
chan_skinny this morning and was rewarded with a
pile of segfaults.

I traced the problem back to res_features, inside
call_park_full, where Asterisk was trying to use
ast_say_digits to play the parked extension number
to the parker.  I commented out the call to
ast_say_digits to test my patch, and found that
idea chan_skinny could not park calls without
crashing.

So then I look at the commit history for res_features,
and find that twilson committed a fix for this very
issue just moments before.  Sadly I am still seeing a
segfault in the same place, as if the fix in res_features
was not quite enough to detect that the parking extension
has already gone away.

I'm not fully convinced that the problem is in res_features,
and not chan_skinny, which is why I am bringing it up here
and not Mantis.

Dan