[asterisk-dev] Deprecating sip call-limit

BJ Weschke bweschke at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 15:58:40 CST 2007

Johansson Olle E wrote:
> Friends,
>
> Blitzrage and I had a discussion about busylevel and call-limit in
> chan_sip on the IRC I wanted to expand to the rest of you deveopers
> out there...
>

> My proposal in this discussion was:
>
> - deprecate call-limit in chan_sip. No other channel driver has a
> built-in call limit
>     and we now favour groupcount and dialplan control instead of
> embedding this
>     into channel drivers.
>     The call-limit is history that has survived too long.
>
> - implement a new option to enable call counters for the subscribe/
> notify event system in chan_sip (channel specific)
>
> - implement busy-level in more channel drivers
>
> - implement a DEVICE() dial plan function that is cross-channel, like
> CHANNEL(),
>    so we can check busylevel in chan_iax2 and other channels that can
> handle multiple
>     channels per device. Busylevel can now be checked in the SIPPEER()
> function only.
>

> I know this is a lot of stuff at the same time, but it kind of belongs
> together.
>
> /O

 Olle / Leif -

 What are we going to do about things like app_queue that resolve on call-limit and limitonpeers being set correctly in order to make a proper response back to app_queue that the device is or is not busy to receive a queue call?

 BJ

--
Bird's The Word Technologies, Inc.
http://www.btwtech.com/