[asterisk-dev] install path of asterisk.h

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Tue Nov 20 11:39:04 CST 2007

Hi

With all of Luigi's work on reducing the number of include files, we're
still left with the need to include several files.

Currently there are two include files directly under include/ -
asterisk.h and jitterbuffer.h . jitterbuffer.h is not installed on 'make
install' (should it be available to external channels, such as
chan_ooh323c? ). asterisk.h is explicitly copied to
/usr/include/ [*] and the files under include/asterisk - to under
/usr/include/asterisk/ .

Is there a real point in keeping asterisk.h outside of the asterisk
include directory? It is not a header that saves you the need to include
the rest. So there's really no point in just "exposing" it.

Also, looking at the way the Makefile handles asterisk.h, I noticed that
in the case of SunOS it seems to install asterisk.h to $includedir but
the rest of the include files go to /opt/asterisk/include . Does
includedir indeed default to /opt/include in that case? If so: why set
ASTHEADERDIR in a separate case?

[*] For the sake of simplicity I assume that the $includedir is
/usr/include . Feel free to mentally do s|/usr/include|$includedir| in
the paragraphs above.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com