[asterisk-dev] Call Forwarding Loop branch - Ready to merge?

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Mon Nov 19 13:24:05 CST 2007

Olle E Johansson wrote:
> My question here is of course why this is needed in a released version
> - 1.4?
>
> Seems like to big a change to implement in release code.

It is somewhat of a big change, but it also fixes a well defined problem.  We
have put much more invasive fixes into 1.4 to fix problems in the past.  Also,
this code has been tested by multiple people here, and by at least one of the
reporters of the problem on the bug tracker.

I feel that it's a safe change to make.  I also agree with Mark that now is the
best time to do it, so that we maximize the time that the code is in the 1.4
branch before it makes it into an official 1.4 release.

--
Russell Bryant
Senior Software Engineer