[asterisk-dev] SIP Outbound Registrations

Eric "ManxPower" Wieling eric at fnords.org
Sun Nov 18 13:35:10 CST 2007

Johan Wilfer wrote:

> Ok, sorry. I've asked these questions previously at the digium forum and
> then got the response that
> Asterisk didn't handle multiple registrations at the same sip-server
> very well.
>
> After trying with the latest SVN version and still having the same
> problem I figured I ask you about this.
> But I guess I should be happy about being wrong, because that means it
> could be fixed easier.
>
> The strange thing is that my registrations works just fine - one at a
> time. But when I have both of them
> active only on of the registered accounts are working. And Asterisk
> thinks that both are working...
> This confuses me..

Asterisk does not support multiple SIP devices registering TO Asterisk
using the same userid and password, but coming from different IP
addresses.  Asterisk supports multiple devices registering from the same
IP addresses (NAT'd clients, for example), as well as Asterisk
registering TO a SIP server.

Perhaps your question on "Digium Forums" was vague and people assumed
you wanted multiple devices registering to Asterisk using the same
userid and password?