[asterisk-dev] [asterisk-commits] file: trunk r89394 - in /trunk: ./ include/asterisk/

Luigi Rizzo rizzo at icir.org
Sun Nov 18 01:41:00 CST 2007

On Sat, Nov 17, 2007 at 11:03:17PM -0000, SVN commits to the Asterisk project wrote:
> Author: file
> Date: Sat Nov 17 17:03:16 2007
> New Revision: 89394

> Log:
> Use autoconf logic to determine the presence of PTHREAD_RECURSIVE_MUTEX_INITIALIZER_NP and PTHREAD_MUTEX_RECURSIVE_NP.

in my opinion these autoconf checks are completely overkill: you
are just replacing a macro name with another one, and hiding to the
programmer the (trivial) logic behind that particular choice.

autoconf makes sense for things you cannot do from the preprocessor,
such as passing information back to the Makefile, checking the
location of a file or the availability of a C symbol or the number
of arguments in a function.

For everything else there is MasterCard. Er, i mean cpp

	cheers
	luigi