[asterisk-dev] More "concise" CLI commands - something we really want?

Johansson Olle E oej at edvina.net
Thu Nov 15 05:43:40 CST 2007

While browsing the bug tracker today, I found a patch for adding more
"concise" commands to the SIP channel.

My personal opinion is that I don't like adapting the CLI for machine
parsing. If we're about to do that, we might
as well convert all CLI listings in one big janitor project. But we
already have the manager for that kind of
communication - machine-parseable. We could easily write a wrapper
for /utils that replaces "asterisk -x"
for web applications and other scripts.

I propose that we deprecate the existing "concise" commands in trunk,
don't accept new ones and refer
users and developers to our lovely AMI solution.

/O