[asterisk-dev] Provisional cross-connect?

Gerald Begumisa gbegumisa at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 04:01:59 CST 2007

On Nov 14, 2007 9:21 PM, Alex Balashov <abalashov at evaristesys.com> wrote:
>    The call is going out on a PRI in this case.
>
>    The question I asked was rather theoretical;  what we are trying to do
> concretely is use the automatic dial-out functionality
> (/var/spool/asterisk/outgoing) to play a message to a callee.  The problem
> is that we have to have some sense of whether the callee has answered
> first (yes, there are going to be other issues like tone detection, etc. -
> we are just aiming for a simple pickup for now).

If I understand your situation correctly, its possible that the issue
you're facing has more to do with how the information in the call
files are processed than perhaps how PRIs and SIP channels are handled
in asterisk[1].  Perhaps you could try creating a call file which
first initiates the call out the PRI first and then connects the
answered line to a point in the dialplan where the announcements are
played? Something like:

---8<---
Channel: Zap/g1/<number-to-call>
MaxRetries: 0
RetryTime: 60
WaitTime: 90
Context: outbound-announcement
Extension: s
--->8---

Hope that helps in some way.

Gerald

[1] In my simple setup whereby I have a Cisco 7960 registered on an
Asterisk box with PRI lines connected, the Cisco phone never says
"connected" until the far end answers...